Future Fellowships for funding commencing 2013
In 2008, the Australian Government announced the creation of a new scheme, Future Fellowships, to promote research in areas of critical national importance by giving outstanding researchers incentives to conduct their research in Australia. The aim of Future Fellowships is to attract and retain the best and brightest mid-career researchers.
At present many highly qualified mid-career researchers choose to work overseas to further their careers due to lack of opportunities in Australia. The Future Fellowships scheme addresses this problem and will significantly boost Australia’s research and innovation capacity in areas of national importance.
Future Fellowships will encourage proposals from researchers working in areas of national priority. Preference will be given to those researchers who can demonstrate a capacity to build collaboration across industry and/or research institutions and/or with other disciplines.
Although international experience is important for Australian researchers, it is also important they have the opportunity to return home to continue their work. Future Fellowships will aim to encourage outstanding Australian researchers currently based overseas to return to Australia.
- Eligibility Exemptions Requests due to Research Office 10am Monday 7 January 2013 (email pdf to Rebecca Ford)
- DRAFT Application due to Research Office 10am Monday 14 January 2013 (email pdf document to Rebecca Ford)
- Strategic Statement due to Research Office 10am Wednesday 23 January 2013
- FINAL Application due to Research Office 10am Wednesday 6 February 2013
- ARC Deadline - Wednesday 20 February 2013
- Funding Rules
- Eligibility Exemption Request
- Funding Agreement
- Instructions to Applicants and Common Eligibility Issues
- Certification Proforma
- Sample Application Form
- Request not to Assess
- Classification Codes - FOR, RFCD, SEO and ANZSIC
Strategic Statements Faculty Contacts
Please contact the following person within your faculty to assist with preparing your Strategic Statement.
Business and Law
Education and Arts
Engineering and Built Environment
Science and Information Technology
Please note: From 2013, ARC's GAMS system will no longer be available. All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted in RMS.
To access RMS follow the instructions on the ARC web site.
Should you require further assistance using RMS please contact Neroli Finlay via email or on extension 15353.
Minimum System Requirements for using RMS
To access RMS your computer will need to meet minimum systems requirements. These are listed below:
- 1024 x 768 Minimum Screen Resolution
- Adobe Flash Player 10 + (To install Flash Player, go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html)
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: The ARC used to warrant confidentiality. Now the Funding Rules state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law".
Due to this change it is now recommended that the researcher submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
Australian Taxation Office Allowances
Important Notes regarding Lodgement of ARC applications:
Validate and Local Submit the application in RMS.
In RMS generate a PDF copy of the application.
Email email@example.com advising application submitted in RMS.
- Deliver to the Research Office the ARC Certification and Clearances form. This form must be signed by the applicants and their respective Heads of Schools. Your application will not be submitted until the signed copy has been received.
If you have a current ARC grant, please see the ARC reporting requirements page.