Student account activation
If you are a current, returning or continuing student, you don't need to activate your NUaccess account.
Your current username and password are still valid. You can use them to login to NUaccess to update your password or answer your authentication questions at anytime.
If you are a new student you must activate your NUaccess account by following the steps below.
For step by step instructions download the NUaccess student user guide (PDF)
- After clicking on the ‘Account Activation’ link in myHub, you will be directed to the ‘User Identification’ screen in NUaccess.
- Type in your student number, DOB and Program Code you were asked to write down previously.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Your Username and Initial Password will be displayed. Write these details down (Your username is lowercase ‘c’ followed by your student number. You will use this to access University computers as well as online services and systems).
- Click ‘Done’.
- You will be directed to the ‘Login to the NUaccess User Interface’.
- Enter the Username and Password displayed in Step 4.(Passwords are case-sensitive).
- Click ‘Login’. A message will be displayed stating that your password has expired and you must change your password.
- Enter a new password, and retype it in the 'Confirm Password' box. The conditions to satisfy a password are displayed below the password fields. If your password does not satisfy the security requirements, a ‘Policy Violation’ error will be displayed. Your new password cannot be your initial password.
- Click ‘Change Password’.
- You will be directed to the ‘Change Answers to Authentication Questions’ page.
- There are 22 questions listed. You must answer a minimum of 5 questions. Make sure that you choose questions and answers that you will remember, as you will need to answer these if you forget your password. These responses are not case sensitive.
- Click ‘Save’.
- You will be directed to the ‘Conditions of Use’ page.
- You must accept the ‘University Computing and Communications Facilities Terms and Conditions’ in order to finish activating your NUaccess account.
- Read the policy, and click the ‘I Accept’ button if you agree to these conditions.
If you do not wish to accept the terms and conditions of the University, click the ‘I decline’ button to be returned to the ‘NUaccess login’ page.
You will NOT be able to login to any computer, online service or system of the University until you have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Click ‘I agree’ if you wish to complete your NUaccess account activation.
You will be directed to the ‘NUaccess Home’ page.
This means that you have successfully activated your student NUaccess account.