The University of Newcastle Alumni is established under the University of Newcastle Act. Alumni has four graduate positions on the University Council who represent the graduates retain a strong voice in the governance and strategic future of the University.
The University Alumni Network includes
- Graduates of the University
- Past and present members of the University Council
- Past and present members of academic staff
- Other persons admitted to Convocation* under the By-law; including but not limited to certain non-academic members of staff and Honorary Degree Recipients
If you are a graduate of the following institutions, you are considered to be a graduate (an alumnus) of the University of Newcastle
- Newcastle Teachers College
- National Art School (amalgamated with NCAE in 1975)
- College of the University of NSW (Tighes Hill)
- Newcastle Conservatorium of Music
- Newcastle College of Advanced Education
- Hunter Institute of Higher Education
Study Abroad, Exchange Students and Enabling Program participants are considered Associate Alumni.