Foundation Scholarship campaign
Why we need more scholarships
The University of Newcastle Foundation is trying to increase the number and range of scholarships that it can offer students at the University of Newcastle.
The University attracts quality students from all over Australia, indeed from all over the world. The more high quality students attracted to the University of Newcastle, the better the potential for learning and research, the greater the success of our graduates and the greater the benefit to the community.
The University of Newcastle Foundation hopes that through a successful fundraising campaign it will be able to increase the number of high quality students and increase the support it can provide to students. The University with the best students has the brightest future and a University with quality students is strong into the future.
Why our students need support
A University education is a very significant commitment. It places great demands on students and parents alike. A scholarship can help with a range of expenses including HECS fees, accommodation, books, equipment, and simply living from day to day.
A scholarship helps a student maximise their opportunity and realise their full potential. Increasingly students, even full-time students, work long hours in part-time jobs to pay their way through university. A scholarship can take pressure off the student and enable them to get maximum value out of their academic experience.
So why support a scholarship?
- You can support a student in their studies and help them reach their full potential.
- You can assist us in attracting the best students to our University.
- You can support a subject area or discipline in which you are interested, e.g. the environment, podiatry, theology.
- You can promote cultural or sporting disciplines and activities through music, fine art and sports scholarships.
- You can assist in determining the criteria of a scholarship and participate in the selection process.
- If you fund an entire scholarship you may be able to play a role in determining the naming rights.
- You may wish to communicate with the scholarship recipient and follow their progress.
- Donations to the University of Newcastle Foundation are generally eligible deductions for income tax purposes.
Stories - read more
A small contribution can make a huge impact on the lives of many.
For more information about becoming a scholarship donor, call +612 4921 7453 or email UONFoundation@newcastle.edu.au.