A Bachelor of Information Technology will start you on a challenging and rewarding career path, preparing you as an IT professional to adapt to the ongoing changes brought about by evolving global innovations.
The program offers a choice of five majors:
- Business Information Systems: equips graduates to enter the world of mainstream commercial applications development. It gives students the technical skills to build systems using web and database technologies. It also provides an understanding of business so that graduates can work as IT professionals in teams, and with users, to build successful commercial applications.
- Digital Entertainment: builds on the core technical skills in the degree to enable students to creatively use technology to tell stories, convey messages and engage viewers and users in the increasing range of digital media available. This ranges from 3D animation, video post-production to web applications delivered by mobile services.
- Information Technology Applications: expands on the technical skills for developing software and equips students to particularly work in producing the code and components that form software applications. Students complete additional courses in software tools, network administration, database analysis and administration and other new areas of software technology.
- Management: equips graduates with technical skills in application development and also provides the opportunity for graduates to build skills in core business areas such as marketing, finance and human relations.
- Web Development: allows students to explore some of the foundations of software so that they can provide detailed technical support to major application development teams for complex software applications.
This program makes extensive use of real-world problems to produce graduates who are technically competent, problem solvers, professional in their approach, creative and able to adapt to the workplace. Students are exposed to the use of IT in various settings, concentrating on traditional business uses of IT and the growing field of digital entertainment. Emphasis is placed on problem-solving and teamwork, as well as social and professional responsibility.