Physics supports a lively and growing community of post-graduate research students who make up a key part of our research activities. We generally have between 15 and 25 students involved in Doctorate and Masters programs in physics and photonics. Below is a list of current research projects being undertaken by RHD students in Physics. If you would like more information about any of these please content the Physics RHD Coordinator.
A vibrant postgraduate student culture is supported by the Physics Society.
Enrolment and other information about undertaking a PhD/MSc at the University of Newcastle is available from the Office of Graduate Studies.
Additional information specific to International Students is also available.
There are also a range of Scholarships available which students are encouraged to apply for.
|Contact:||Physics - Head of Discipline|
- MPhil: The 3He(d,p)He4 Nuclear Fusion Reaction as a Source of Mega-Voltage Protons for the Production of Fluorine-18 for PET Applications
- MPhil: Multi-Scale Magnetospheric Responses to Varied Solar Wind Driving
- MPhil: Electron Conformal Therapy
- MPhil: The aS500 amorphous silicon electronic portal imaging device: A pratical approach to absolute dosimetry and the characterisation of the non-uniform backscatter
- MPhil: Ionospheric Propagation Studies Using HF Radards
- MPhil: Development of a Novel Transistor Towards Micro-biosensing of Gluose
- PhD: Surface Plasmons
- PhD: Morphologies and optimum nanostructures of Organic Photovoltaics
- PhD: Biosensors from Plastic Electronics
- PhD: The effect of the magnetopause on VLF waves
- PhD: Investigation of magnetic resonance imaging for prostate radiation therapy planning
- PhD: ULF Plasma Waves in the Polar Magnetosphere
- PhD: Engineering Promotion Studies
- PhD: Field Ionization Detection of Helium Via Carbon Nanotube Arrays for Helium Microscopy
- PhD: General Purpose Outdoor Sound Propogation Modelling using Geometric Rays
- PhD: Modelling Artificial Photosynthesis: Extending the Spectral Response of Organic Solar Cells
- PhD: Investigation of a Modified Imaging Device for Improving Dosimetry in Radiotherapy by Comparison of Dose-Response Characteristics for Different IMRT Beams Using Experimental Methods and Monte Carlo Calculations
- PhD: Fast Scanning Fluorescence Microscopy
- PhD: Determining the Relationship Between Morphology and Charge Carrier Mobility in Bulk-Heterojunction Organic Solar Cells
- PhD: Connections for a Bionic Eye
- PhD: CVD of Nanotube Based Sensors
- PhD: Large Area Polymer Photovoltaic Devices