The University recognises that during your program of study, illness or other serious circumstances beyond your control may affect your preparation for, or performance in, an end of term or end of year examination or assessment item.
Make sure you are familiar with the University's Adverse Circumstances Affecting Assessment Items Procedure. This procedure supports our commitment to addressing adverse circumstances which affect performance in assessment.
Where circumstances affect your performance in a major assessment item (any item worth 20% or more of the final result) or where the Course Outline stipulates a minor assessment item (any item worth less than 20%), you must submit an application using the:
Only SAA-GE, HKMA or DBA (for the research phase only) students should complete either the Application for Adverse Circumstances - Extension of Time/Special Consideration (PDF 41KB) or Application for Adverse Circumstances - Reschedule of Exam (PDF 37KB)
Adverse Circumstances System - Getting Started
Check the Adverse Circumstances Affecting Assessment Items Procedure to ensure that your reasons for applying are allowable. This procedure will also advise when adverse circumstance applications need to be submitted by.
Please note: Some situations that do not constitute allowable circumstances include:
- Refer to your Course Outline to check the weighting of the assessment item
- If it is for a minor assessment item and the Course Coordinator has specified in the Course Outline that students may lodge an application online, please submit an online Adverse Circumstances Application
- For assessment items worth 20% or more please submit an online Adverse Circumstances Application
- Print the coversheet produced and attach it to your supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate, statutory declaration, etc.).
- Present the coversheet and supporting documentation in person or via mail to any Student Hub:
City Hub - Ground Floor, University House, cnr King & Auckland St, Newcastle
Hunter Hub - Student Services Centre, Callaghan Campus
Shortland Hub - Level 3, Shortland Union Building, Callaghan Campus
Ourimbah Hub - Ground Floor, Administration Building, Ourimbah Campus
Singapore Delta Hub - UoN Singapore, 355 Jalan Bukit Ho Swee, PSB Academy, Tiong Bahru, Singapore, 169567
Port Macquarie Hub - Cnr Oxley Hwy and Widderson St, Office BG12, Port Macquarie, 2444
You will be advised via NUMail when you can log back into the system for a response to your application.