The University Health Service is a fully accredited general practice staffed by doctors and nurses who understand the medical problems of students. The Health Service provides both emergency and routine medical care to all students and staff.
The Health Service is similar to a general doctors surgery, although we have a special interest in the health needs of students. Some of the areas in which we can help include:
- Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Women's Health care including Pap smears, pregnancy testing and advice, ante-natal care and advice on terminations
- Advice on contraception including the morning after pill
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections including HIV
- Travel immunisations and advice
- Immunisations required for students in health related courses
- Assistance with emotional and personal difficulties
- Pathology testing
- Referral to specialists, X-ray services or physiotherapy
- Skin Checks
All consultations are strictly confidential.