Graduate Software Developer» search for more Jobs
The role of graduate software engineer requires working on a wide range of software development and related tasks in a supervised environment. They work alongside, or under, software engineers assisting in the design software systems for use in sectors such as commerce, engineering, government and research; or assisting in the evaluation of programming tools and analysing and fixing software products.
Some of the tasks carried out by graduate software engineers include:
- Reading and understanding proposals, product specifications and design specifications
- Ability to take a well defined module design specification and implement the module in a supervised environment
- Effective system testing of modules and systems
- To design and write up sections of reports in a supervised environment
- Working on site at a client's premises where necessary and to interface constructively with clients and employees of partner companies
Personal attributes that are favoured in this type of position include having a professional and positive attitude, being able to work to tight deadlines, having analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and using creativity and initiative.