Learning and Development Consultant» search for more Jobs
Learning and development consultants use an expert understanding of adult learning to coordinate or give advice on the planning, delivery, tracking and recording of learning development within organisations. This is achieved by:
- Assessing and reporting on the learning and development needs within an organisation.
- Defining, sourcing and monitoring training programs delivered by contractors.
- Developing learning and development plans for business areas.
- Managing the contracting process and contractors providing learning and development services.
- Coordinating the delivery of training.
Learning and Development Consultants are able to work under pressure, are autonomous, posses leadership skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills. They are also flexible and adaptable to change and are able to work well in teams.
A degree in Psychology, Human Resources or a related field is often required to gain employment as a Learning and Development Consultant. A Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment is also useful and is often required.