Property Developer» search for more Jobs
A property developer is essentially someone who takes a financial risk with respect to the purchase, construction, marketing and selling of real property. This may range from an individual home right up to a major commercial building. Property developers research the viability and feasibility of a proposed project, plan a development schedule, direct on site construction activity and coordinate the sale/leasing of the building.
Property developers may perform the following tasks:
- Undertake research to identify best use for a property
- Research the feasibility or profitability of the project with respect to current and future trends in the construction industry
- Setup a property development strategy, that takes into account various aspects of construction to ensure timely delivery
- Consult with architects, engineers, builders and property managers
- Visit construction sites and oversee the activities of builders to ensure quality assurance
- Coordinate marketing and sell of property
To be a successful property developer requires time, research, patience, and a willingness to take calculated risks.