Performance Review and Development
Performance Review and Development (PRD) is a collaborative ongoing process between yourself and your manager to plan for, develop and evaluate your performance and career aspirations. The PRD provides you and your manager with the tools to have regular conversations around:
- Role clarity – so that you understand the requirements of your job;
- Performance clarity – so that you understand what performance is expected of you in the context of the University’s strategic objectives; and
- Career clarity – so that we can support you to develop in your current role and build your career through a range of initiatives.
What it means for you
The PRD has an annual cycle of key events.
- Performance review and goal setting - November to February
- Development planning - May to June
- Regular review conversations - all year
- PRD Handbook
- Conversation guide - staff
- Conversation guide - managers
- How to write a SMART goal (YouTube eLearning module)
- Frequently Asked Questions
PRD online. You'll need to log in with your staff numberplate and password.
Tools that will soon be available include further eLearning modules and helpful videos.
Please send your feedback/queries to PRDonline@newcastle.edu.au