Research Services sits within the Research Division. Responsibilities include research policy, development and implementation; administration of research grants and contracts; co-ordinating research funding opportunities; monitoring and promoting ethical research practice; and research performance and reporting.
Research Services supports research management and policy development in the University including:
- Dissemination of details on upcoming funding opportunities.
- Provision of guidance and feedback on grant applications prior to submission.
- Co-ordination of submissions to internal schemes and external funding bodies.
- Administration and approval of Human and animal ethics.
- Ongoing administration of internal and external grants.
- Implementation of the research centres policy and membership management.
- Collection of data on all research publications associated with the University of Newcastle.