Property Economics and Finance
Available in 2013
|WebLearn GradSchool||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
Explores the property and urban economics in national and international levels. Sources and types of property finances are examined for various types of property developments. Taxations in relation to property are taken into account of the financial considerations.
|Objectives||1. Understand the property and urban economics at national and international levels.
2. Understand various forms of taxation in relation to property investment and development.
3. Ability to analyze the property finance for various property developments, including financing and evaluation techniques.
|Content||1. Property and urban economics:
- National economics,
- Development and investment markets,
- Property market cycles,
- Global property and urban economics
2. Property taxation:
- Income tax
- Profit tax
- Capital gains tax
- Depreciation allowances
- Land tax
- Negative gearing
3. Property finance
- sources and types of property finance
- debt vs equity,
- financing techniques
- evaluation techniques
- risk management
|Assumed Knowledge||Not applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based
|Teaching Methods||Case Study
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for ARBE6321|