Property Research Development
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009
Provides students with the opportunity to develop an understanding of research skills, techniques and methodologies appropriate for the completion of an individual research project. The course also enables students to gain specialist knowledge in an area of their own choice. Students are particularly encouraged to undertake applied research aimed at extending or advancing their professional practice.
The course lays the foundation for the completion of an individual research project by providing students with the opportunity to develop a research proposal and literature review in preparation for the completion of the full research report in ARBE6371.
|Objectives||1. Ability to prepare a research proposal with effective application of relevant research skills to a project of substance and significance.
2. Ability to prepare a literature review with both descriptive and analytical approach to the conduct of research.
|Content||1. Research proposal:
- Research topic selection
- Establishment of research aims and objectives
- Research design (strategies and approaches)
- Justification and significance
- Limitations and constraints
2. Literature Review:
- Skills and techniques of literature search
- Appraisal of literatures
- Organization of literature review
- Referencing systems
|Assumed Knowledge||ARBE6311, ARBE6321, ARBE6331, ARBE6341 and ARBE6351|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term