Advanced Written Chinese
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
Emphasis is on the development of reading and writing skills and cultural background knowledge (written expression, intensive and extensive reading) through reading and examination of a range of carefully selected texts at an advanced level, including newspaper articles, contemporary Chinese literary texts and films with particular reference to practical language use.
|Objectives||1. The ability to read and write 300 new words and associated compounds.
2. The ability to use the 300 new characters and expressions in basic practical writings.
3. An understanding of advanced grammatical structures.
4. The ability to read, appreciate and analyse a range of Chinese texts including newspaper articles, broadcasts and films in Modern Standard Chinese.
5. An appreciation of Chinese culture and society in the contexts of the texts studied.
|Content||The course will cover:
1. 300 new Chinese characters and expressions.
2. Intensive and extensive reading of a range of contemporary texts including newspaper articles and films in Modern Standard Chinese.
3. Grammatical structures at an advanced level.
4. Basic skills at writing practical compositions in MSC.
|Replacing Course(s)||The reading and writing components of Advanced Chinese I - CHIN3100. The deletion of this course does not impact on any other programs.|
|Assumed Knowledge||CHIN2202 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for CHIN3201|