Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
This practicum course provides professionals with practical experiences in settings in which individuals with sensory disabilities are being educated. Skills in planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating habilitative or rehabilitative programs will be developed and assessed. There will generally be two or more placements. The placements are individually arranged to suit context, settings, and professionals in the field. A minimum of 45 days of practicum is expected.
This course is administered by the RIDBC Renwick Centre. Successful completion of this course may require students to source their own textbooks and attend compulsory lecture days in Sydney. Further details are available from the Distance Education Co-ordinator +61 (02) 9872-0811 or firstname.lastname@example.org". Attendance on-campus is expected for some components of this course".
|Objectives||The course objectives include:
1. The translation and integration of theory and knowledge from other sensory disability courses into skills application.
2. The provision of the opportunity for future practitioners to observe, experience, and practice best practice procedures in the field and thereby increasing awareness of the range of individual support needs for those with sensory impairments.
3. Being exposed to and acquiring practice-based placement, assessment, and reporting procedures specific to professionals who work with individuals with sensory impairments.
|Content||The practicum experiences will typically include:
* Applying the skills involved in planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating educational programs.
* Exposure to the diversity of programs and methods that may be uses with those with various sensory impairments.
* Selecting and applying specialized curriculum materials or making accommodations and adjustments to the regular curriculum depending on the needs of individuals with sensory impairments.
* Gaining practical experience with technology designed to support individuals with sensory disabilities.
|Assumed Knowledge||Having completed a supervised practicum experience in a previous award.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Experience Based Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Seminar: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks