Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013
With increasing pressure on school leaders to draw upon research and evidence in their decision-making, the need for effective management and critical engagement with school-based and system-wide data has become imperative. This course aims to assist school leaders in managing and mining data to make evidence-based decisions.
This course provides students with the opportunity to:
1) understanding and analyse school-based and system-wide data;
2) apply data mining and/or knowledge management strategies to a real-world case; and
3) link data mining and analysis to strategic decision-making.
Indicative course content:
* Contemporary Context of Performance-Based Leadership in Schools
* Reliability and Validity of Data
* Issues related to School-Based Data
* Issues related to System-Wide Data
* Data Mining Strategies
* Knowledge Management Principles
* Evidence-Based Decision-Making
Students who have completed EDUC6019 are not permitted to enrol into EDUC6351.
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Integrated Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks