Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013
This course brings together Australian education policy, research and practice to explore the nature of school leadership in contemporary Australia.
Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:
1) Demonstrate an understanding of the Australian education policy context;
2) Investigate the impact of different policy players on schools and schooling; and
3) Critically engage with contemporary policy issues facing Australian school leaders.
Indicative content will include:
- The Australian education policy structure
- The Australian school system
- National, Federal and State education policy
- Historical education policy moves in Australia
- International education policy trends
- Educational leadership as the mediator of policy
This course will be counted as the equivalent of EDUC6032 for the purposes of transition.
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Integrated Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks