Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Integrates advanced workshop skills with design process in the context of Design and Technology. Examines the selection of appropriate workshop processes and their design implications. Safety and workshop practices are considered.
|Objectives||1. Integrates advanced workshop skills with design process in the context of Design and Technology.
2. Develops collaborative design capacities.
3. Provides design process management strategies.
4. Applies effective design documentation processes to recording of design processes
|Content||Safety and workshop practices.
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas:
1. Workshop safety
2. Advanced workshop practices
3. Prototypes and their uses in the design process
4. Materials solution.
5. Collaborative Design
Topics may include:
1 Timber machining and techniques
2 Metal machining and Techniques
3 Thermo plastic forming/fabrication and machining techniques
5 Foams and soft materials
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for IDEA2450|