Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Remaining competitive in a changing environment requires organisations to continuously adapt to market forces. The complexities of marketing in an international environment are examined while addressing local market characteristics. Marketing theory and consumer behaviour addressed in other marketing courses is expanded upon as well as incorporating theory specific international/global marketing management. Communication and collaborative work processes are emphasised as important attributes for the international marketing professional.
|Objectives||Upon successful completion of the course it is intended you will be able to:
1. Apply the basic concepts, theories, and principles of marketing to international marketing.
2. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the environmental and organisational constraints that act on the development of an effective international marketing strategy.
3. Evaluate the international marketing processes involved in a successful marketing effort.
4. Apply problem-solving and decision-making to international marketing situations participating actively and responsibly in individual and collaborative learning experiences.
5. Research and analyse contemporary issues inclusive of social and cultural, which impact international marketing operations,
6. Effectively communicate marketing knowledge and outcomes in oral and written contexts reflective of both audience and purpose.
|Content||The topics in this course may include:
1. Rationale for International Marketing
2. Appreciating the international economic and financial environment
3. Catering for the cultural and social environment of international marketing
4. Avoiding the pitfalls of the international political and legal environment
5. The technology environment and contemporary environmental variables
6. Researching international markets
7. International market selection and entry
8. Planning for international marketing
9. International competitive strategy
11.Internationalisation, relationships and networks
12.Modifying products for international markets
13.Marketing services internationally
14.Promotion in international marketing
15.International pricing for profit
16.Effective international distribution
|Assumed Knowledge||MKTG2100 Principles of Marketing|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for MKTG3060|