Youth Ministry - Foundations
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010
This course provides an introduction to Catholic youth ministry through the examination of key concepts related to ministry to youth in the Catholic Church, including a review of the comprehensive youth ministry vision. The course examines the local youth ministry context in light of a comprehensive and systems thinking approach. Additionally, ministry to youth will be discussed, in light of faith development and learning style theories.
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course students will be expected to:
1. Explain the concepts, principles, and aims of a comprehensive youth ministry vision to be approved by Australian Catholic Bishops Conference.
2. Engage in a systematic reflection regarding ministry with youth in the Catholic Church using a systems theory and recent research.
3. Describe key concepts from foundational to learning and faith development related to ministry with youth.
4. Articulate the integration of key course concepts into local youth ministry context.
- Comprehensive vision of youth ministry
- Current research in youth ministry
- A systems approach to Catholic youth ministry
- Foundational documents in youth ministry
- Understanding of learning style and faith development theories related to youth ministry
|Replacing Course(s)||Not Applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 130 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|