Contextualising Youth Ministry
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010
This course enables students to critically examine and theologically reflect on the many contexts that influence and shape ministry to young people.
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course students will be expected to:
1. Describe and recognise the systemic influence of the family systems and parents have on youth ministry.
2. Articulate the various contexts in which ministry to youth occurs such as the parish, Catholic school, dioceses, and movements.
3. Identify the impact of generational theory on ministry with youth
4. Examine the impact of postmodern culture on ministry to youth.
5. Demonstrate an understanding and utilise the internet and technology on ministry with youth, especially Web 2.0 theories.
6. Identify key theological themes and principles of Catholic youth ministry.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of and utilise the process of theological reflection in ministry with youth.
- Family systems
- Postmodern culture
- Implications of technology and Web 2.0 on youth ministry
- Generational Theory
- Theological context of Youth Ministry
|Replacing Course(s)||Not Applicable|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 143 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|