The following Suggested PATHWAYS documents give an indication of sets of courses meeting the program requirements that will prepare students for particular careers in the field of Mathematics. They are not the only sets of courses that will take students to the same careers, and they are not the only careers these sets of courses will prepare students for.
Students are encouraged to investigate their individual interests, consulting with the Program Convenor and/or Head of Discipline for each major in determining how best to meet their needs.
The Program Handbook is the official document for all program details including course options. Information about Mathematics Requirements and Program Enrolment Checklists (located on your Program Handbook page) to track your progress and ensure you are meeting the requirements of the program and your chosen major(s) are also available.
- Applied Mathematics Major - Financial Analysis
- Applied Mathematics Major - Industrial Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics Major - Mathematical Modelling and Computation
- Pure Mathematics Major - Government/Public Service with a Social Policy and Administration Focus
- Pure Mathematics Major - Pure Mathematical Research
- Pure Mathematics Major - Defence Science
- Pure Mathematics Major - Government Administration with a Business Focus
- Statistics Major - Government/Public Service (e.g. Dept of Indigenous Affairs)
- Statistics Major - Quantitative Modelling and Consultancy in Business, Finance, Health Government and Education
- Studies in Mathematics and Statistics Major - Business Analytics
- Studies in Mathematics and Statistics Major - Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Studies in Mathematics and Statistics Major - Quantative Financial Analysis
- Studies in Mathematics and Statistics Major - Science Communication
- Studies in Mathematics and Statistics - Operations Research and Computing
- Studies in Mathematics and Statistics - Operations Research and Statistics