Faculty staff awards
Faculty staff were recognised for their hard work and achievements at last year’s staff awards. Held for the first time in the Derkenne courtyard, staff mingled in deck chairs while DCIT band Stack of Cats entertained the crowd with covers of well known tunes.
Spirits were high for the afternoon as each category was announced and those who have been working at the University for 15 and 20 years collected gifts for their long service. Laureate Professor John Aitken was congratulated for being named NSW Scientist of the Year and Deputy Head of Faculty, Fred Menk, received well wishes and thanks before commencing his long service leave.
The award categories and winners are listed below:
Teaching and Learning Outstanding Performer (Academic)
- Ms Kirstie Carrick – Lecturer, Psychology
- Dr Trevor Weekes – Senior Lecturer, Design, Communication and IT
- Dr Ken Zimmerman – Lecturer, Environmental and Life Sciences
- Dr Bill Landenberger – Lecturer, Environmental and Life Sciences
Academic Staff Excellence
- Dr Paul Hodge – Lecturer, Environmental and Life Sciences
- Associate Professor Eric Beh – Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Professional Staff Excellence
- Danielle Storey – Admin Assistant, PVC Unit
- Leoni Holmesby – Team Leader Ourimbah, Environmental and Life Science
Sessional Academic of the Year
- Mr Carl Morgan, Sessional Academic, Design, Communication and IT
Academic Team of the Year
- 2012 First Year Mathematics Service Teaching Team (Dr Mike Meylan, Dr Andrew Kepert, Dr Mal Roberts, and Mr Ben Brawn)
Professional Team of the Year
- Science and Engineering Challenge Team (Dr Terry Burns, Peter Fullagar, Chris Hendry, Michael Cassey and Neville Want)
Congratulations to all award recipients and nominees. A few social photos were taken throughout the afternoon so view our gallery and see if you can spot yourself or someone you know.