The Industry Scholarship program aims to create a strategic partnership between students and industry to achieve quality learning outcomes for students and a pathway for industry sponsors to develop and guide scholars in real world learning experiences.
By providing high performing scholars with financial incentives they are able to concentrate their efforts on achieving academic excellence and dedicate their University breaks to advancing their workplace skills. The outcome of this process provides industry with skilled, work-ready graduates.
The underpinning principles of the Industry Scholarship program are:
1. To provide sponsors with a unique opportunity to meet and select high achieving scholars within a relevant study area.
2. To maintain a relationship between a scholar and sponsor throughout the scholars time at the university
3. To provide an integrated approach to academic studies and industrial placements which are monitored and managed.
4. To provide an enhanced academic experience which develops leaders for the future.
The Industry Scholarships are dedicated to providing sponsors with a flexible model that caters for individual needs.
Sponsors staff would be involved in:
- The interview and selection process
- Ongoing supervision of the scholar in the workplace
- Communication with Industry Scholarships for any issues that arise
The Industry Scholarships office would:
- Manage the ongoing relationship with the sponsor
- Coordinate recruitment, selection and interviews
- Support optimal industry placement experience for scholars
- Support and monitor student performance (both academically and industry involvement), provide pastoral care and professional development opportunities for scholars
- Facilitate regular ongoing communication between industry sponsor and scholar
- Ensure that legal obligations relating to student safety during industry placement are met
- Monitor and review fortnightly scholarship payments
For more Information
Please click here for our future sponsor prospectus. It has some more detailed information and examples of our current models.
If you would like to arrange a consultation or require more information on becoming a industry sponsor please contact:
Industry Liaison Officer
P: (02) 4921 6517 or
P: (02) 4985 4917