The Web Team works with all aspects of the website, from the technologies used to create and run the website through to content display and design. The team:
- develops the technology required to support our website and associated tools
- writes and implement web-related policy and guidelines
- provides advice on all aspects of University web publishing.
What we offer
The services we offer include:
- custody and coordination of the University's web and Content Management System (CMS)
- developing and implementing web-related policy and framework
- technical support for our CMS
- web content strategy
- design and layout advice
- web Information Architecture (IA) and navigation guidance and advice
- information and assistance on web policy and procedures
- usability and accessibility services.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about anything listed above. We aim to respond to requests within 2 working days.
Other related University services
Below is a list of complementary University services and their contact areas:
- Updates or maintenance of existing sites - please contact the area web publisher
- Training for our Content Management System (CMS) - while our team does not provide training, we do facilitate targeted training. Please email email@example.com
- Staff directory additions, deletions or updates for employees of the University of Newcastle - additions and deletions are automated using data collected by Human Resource Services. For updates, please use the self-service by logging into HRonline and navigating to the employee attributes section
- Creation and/or updates to staff profiles - please contact your area web publisher
Our content management system
The University of Newcastle's corporate website was one of the first communication tools to adopt the University's new visual identity. The University uses a Web Content Management System, or CMS, to organise and display the content that you see when you are looking at web pages in our site. This system helps us produce a consistent and accessible website, whilst reducing the amount of technical skill required to publish high quality web pages. After training in the CMS, our web publishers can build and edit web pages and sites with little or no assistance.
Contact a web publisher
To request updates to an existing site, you can contact one of the area web publishers directly: Find a Web Publisher
For all other updates or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org