A/Prof Peter Lewis, Dr Ian Grainge, Dr Xiao Yang (ARC APD)
The molecular microbiology group has a research focus on the bacterial cell cycle, in particular transcription regulation, chromosome segregation and cell division.
Research topics include:
- Structure-function analysis of the NusA-RNA polymerase interaction (PL & XY).
- Exploitation of the interaction of initiation factor σ with RNA polymerase for new antibiotic development (PL).
- Systems biology of the model Gram positive organism Bacillus subtilis (PL)
- Structure-function alaysis of the FtsK-XerCD complex (IG)
- Bacterial chromosome repair mechanisms (IG)
- DNA replication, transcription and cell division in Acinetobacter (PL & IG).