Dr Shanyong Wang
|Work Phone||(02) 4921 5745|
ARC ECR FELLOW
School of Engineering
The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Doctor of Philosophy, City University of Hong Kong - China, 2007
- Computational mechanics
- fractured rocks
• Computational mechanics and numerical modelling
• Experimental and numerical study of compaction and fracture grouting in soils and rocks
• Coupled multi-physics modelling of fractured rocks
• Limit analysis of the stability of tunnels
• Finite element analysis
• Discrete element methods
Selected Referred Journal Papers
1. Zhu WC, Tang CA, Wang SY (2005) Numerical study on the influence of mesomechanical properties on macroscopic failure of concrete. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 19(5), 519-533.
2. Yang TH, Tham LG, Wang SY, Zhu WC (2005) Micromechanical model for simulating hydraulic fractures of rock. Advanced Materials Research, 9: 127-136.
3. Wang SY, Lam KC, Au SK, Tang CA, Zhu WC, Yang TH (2006) Analytical and numerical study on the pillar rockbursts mechanism, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 39(5), 445-467.
4. Wang SY, Chan D, Lam KC (2009) Experimental study of the effect of fines content on dynamic compaction grouting in completely decomposed granite of Hong Kong. Construction and Building Materials, 23(3), 1249-1264.
5. Wang SY, Sun L, Au ASK, Yang TH, Tang CA (2009). 2D-numerical analysis of hydraulic fracturing in heterogeneous geo-materials. Construction and Building Materials, 23(6), 2196-2206.
6. Wang SY, Chan D, Lam KC, Au SKA (2010). Effect of lateral earth pressure coefficient on pressure controlled compaction grouting in triaxial condition. Soils and Foundations, 50(3): 441-445.
7. Wang SY, Chan D, Lam KC, Au SKA (2010). Numerical and experimental study of pressure controlled cavity expansion in the soils of Hong Kong Completely Decomposed Granite Soils. Computers and Geotechnics, 37:977-990.
8. Wang SY, Sloan SW, Huang ML, Tang CA (2010). Numerical study of failure mechanism of serial and parallel rock pillars. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 44:179-198.
9. Jiang AN, Wang SY, Tang SL (2010). Feedback analysis of tunnel construction using a hybrid arithmetic based on Support Vector Machine and Particle Swarm Optimization. Automation in Construction. (In press).
10. Wang SY, Sloan SW, Liu HY, Tang CA (2010). Numerical simulation of the rock fragmentation process induced by two drill bits subjected to static and dynamic loading. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. (In press).
11. Wang SY, Chan D, Lam KC, Au SKA (2011). Laboratory study of static and dynamic compaction grouting in triaxial condition. Geomechanics and Geoengineering: An International Journal, 6(1):9-19.
12. Wang SY, Chan D, Lam KC, Au SKA (2011). A new laboratory apparatus for studying dynamic compaction grouting into granular soils. Soils and Foundations. (Tentatively Accepted).
Fields of Research
|090501||Civil Geotechnical Engineering||65|
|090499||Chemical Engineering Not Elsewhere Classified||25|
|120299||Building Not Elsewhere Classified||10|
Centres and Groups
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- PRC - Priority Research Centre for Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
Australian Research Council (Australia)