Dr. Susan Gourvenec
3. Randolph, M.F. and Gourvenec, S. (2011) Offshore Geotechnical Engineering. Spon Press/ Taylor & Francis. ISBN: 978-0-415-47744-4.
2. Gourvenec, S and White, D. J. (2011) (Ed.) Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics. Proc. of the Second International Conference on Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics (ISFOG), Perth, Western Australia, 8-10 November 2010. CRC Press/Taylor & Francis. ISBN: 978-0-415-58480-7.
1. Gourvenec, S and Cassidy, M. J (2005) (Ed.) Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics. Proc. of the First International Conference on Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics (ISFOG), Perth, Western Australia, 19-21 September. Taylor & Francis. ISBN: 041539063X.
26. Mana DKS, Gourvenec S, Randolph MF and Hossain MS (2012) Failure mechanisms of skirted foundations in uplift and compression. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics. (In Press Vol.12 Issue 2.)
25. Zhang Y, Bienen B, Cassidy MC and Gourvenec S (2012) Undrained bearing capacity of deeply buried flat and circular footings under general loading. ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenviromental Engineering 138(3): 386-397.
24. Acosta-Martinez HE, Gourvenec S and Randolph MF (2011) Centrifuge study of undrained capacity of a skirted foundation under eccentric transient and sustained uplift loading. Geotechnique, 62(4): 317–328. (PDF 1.7MB)
23. Govoni L, Gourvenec S and Gottardi G (2011) A centrifuge study on the effect of embedment on the drained response of shallow foundations under combined loading. Geotechnique, 61(12): 1055-1068.
22. Gourvenec S and Mana DKS (2011) Undrained vertical bearing capacity factors for shallow foundations. Geotechnique Letters. doi: 10.1680/geolett.11.00026. (PDF 511KB)
21. Zhang Y, Bienen B, Cassidy MC and Gourvenec S (2011) The undrained bearing capacity of a spudcan foundation under combined loading in soft clay. Marine Structures 24(4): 459-477. (PDF 236KB)
20. Randolph MF, Gaudin C, Gourvenec S, White DJ, Boylan N and Cassidy MJ (2011) Recent advances in offshore geotechnics for deepwater oil and gas developments. Ocean Engineering, 38 (7): 818-834. Invited state of the art review paper. (PDF 3.13MB)
19. Gourvenec S and Barnett S (2011) Undrained failure envelope for skirted foundations under general loading. Geotechnique, 61(3): 263 –270. (PDF 260KB)
18. Krost K, Gourvenec S and White D (2011) Consolidation around partially embedded submarine pipelines. Geotechnique, 61(2): 167-173. (PDF 148KB)
17. Acosta-Martinez HE, Gourvenec S and Randolph MF (2010) Effect of gapping on the uplift resistance of shallow skirted foundations in clay under transient and sustained loading. Soils and Foundations, 50(5): 705-715. (PDF 1.08MB)
16. Govoni L, Gourvenec S and Gottardi G (2010) Centrifuge modelling of circular shallow foundations on sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics 10(2): 35-46. (PDF1.21 MB)
15. Gourvenec S and Randolph MF (2010) Consolidation beneath skirted foundations due to sustained loading. International Journal of Geomechanics. January/February, Vol. 10 No. 1 pp. 22-29. (PDF 475 KB)
14. Gourvenec S and Jensen K (2009) Effect of embedment and spacing on co-joined skirted foundation systems on undrained limit states under general loading. International Journal of Geomechanics. Nov/Dec, Vol. 9 No. 6 pp 267-279. (PDF 1.02MB)
13. Gourvenec S, Acosta-Martinez HE and Randolph MF (2009) Experimental study of uplift resistance of shallow skirted foundations in clay under concentric transient and sustained loading. Geotechnique, 59(6): 525-537. (PDF 1.69 MB)
12. Acosta-Martinez HE, Gourvenec S and Randolph MF (2008) An experimental investigation of a shallow skirted foundation under compression and tension. Soils and Foundations, Vol. 48, No. 2, 253-260. (PDF 308KB)
11. Gourvenec S (2008) Undrained bearing capacity of embedded footings under general loading. Geotechnique, 58(3): 177–185.
10. Gourvenec S (2007) Failure envelopes for offshore shallow foundation under general loading. Geotechnique, 57(9): 715-727. (PDF 1.35MB)
9. Gourvenec S (2007) Shape effects on the capacity of rectangular footings under general loading. Geotechnique, 57(8): 637-646. (PDF 761KB)
8. Gourvenec S and Steinepreis M (2007) Undrained limit states of shallow foundations acting in consort. International Journal of Geomechanics. May/June, Vol. 7 No. 3 pp 194-205. (PDF 1.98MB)
7. Gourvenec S, Randolph MF and Kingsnorth O (2006) Undrained bearing capacity of square and rectangular footings. International Journal of Geomechanics. May/June, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp 147–157. * Award winning. (PDF 1.06MB)
6. Gourvenec S, Mair RJ, Bolton MD and Soga K (2005) Ground conditions around an old tunnel in London Clay. Proc. ICE Geotechnical Engineering 158(1): 25-33. (PDF 381KB)
5. Gourvenec S and Randolph MF (2003) Effect of strength non-homogeneity on the shape and failure envelopes for combined loading of strip and circular foundations on clay. Geotechnique, 53(6): 575-586. (PDF 708KB)
4. Gourvenec S (2003) Undrained failure of footings under combined load, Australian Geomechanics 38(1): 73-77. (PDF 1.54MB)
3. Gourvenec S and Powrie W (2002) 3D effects during excavation in front of a berm supported retaining wall: a case study. Proc. ICE Geotechnical Engineering 155(3): 163-173.
2. Gourvenec S and Powrie W (2000) 3D finite element analysis of embedded retaining walls supported by discontinuous earth berms. Canadian Geotechnical Journal (37): 1062-1077. (PDF 3.37 MB)
1. Gourvenec S and Powrie W (1999) Three dimensional finite element analysis of diaphragm wall installation. Geotechnique, 49(6): 801-823. (PDF 751KB)
1. Gourvenec, S (1998) Three dimensional numerical modelling of diaphragm wall installation and staged construction sequences using earth berms. PhD Thesis, University of Southampton, UK.
Copyright of the papers rests with a variety of different parties. They are made available solely on the same basis that the researcher would supply a single copy of a paper to an individual. It is up to you to ensure that your use of a paper does not infringe copyright law.