Mr Ngoc Trung Ngo
- 2009 Master of Engineering , major in Civil Engineering (University of Wollongong, Australia)
- Bachelor degree, major in Civil Engineering ( University of Technology in Hochiminh city, Vietnam)
- 2009 Study PhD, major in Geotechnical Engineering (University of Wollongong, Australia)
- 2008 Study Master, major in Civil Engineering (University of Wollongong, Australia)
- 2004 Construction project management unit of Danang city, Vietnam, 4 years
- 2001 Quang Nam construction company, 3 years
- Coal fouling in ballast
- Numerical modelling
- Discrete Element Method
- Professor Buddhima Indraratna
- Dr Cholachat Rujikiatkamjorn
Performance of Geotextile Stabilised Fouled Ballast in Rail Tracks.
This project will examine the potential use of geosynthetics (e.g. Polymer grids and geotextiles), in improving the performance of fouled ballast. This project will model the interface behaviour between ballast and geogrid using Discrete Element Method (DEM) techniques. It will be possible to come up with the design modifications to existing guidelines to compensate for this adverse fouling effect.