ARC Reporting (Activities for the Year 2012)
As a condition of award, ARC grants holders are required to submit annual progress reports and a final report on cessation of the grant.
ARC Progress Reporting for 2012
Commencing in 2013, Progress Reporting for all active ARC-funded projects (except LP-APAI*) is by exception.
For each of your ARC-funded Projects which you are a Lead CI or sole Fellow you MUST complete either a 2012 Exceptions Report Template or 2012 No Report Required Template and email it to Rebecca Ford by Friday 15 March 2013.
Progress Reporting by Exception
Progress Reports by Exception ARE required in the following situations:
- If an APAI student attached to a Linkage Projects grant has taken a Leave of Absence;
- If the ARC has approved changes to a project submitted via formal variation requests;
- If you require to carryover 75% or more of the total ARC funding for a Project provided in 2012;
- If you require to carryover a portion of the 2011 or previous year’s carryover of funding for a Project was not spent in 2012;
- A delay to the project’s research program could result in the project exceeding by more than 12 months the number of years for which funding has been allocated; and/or
- A disruption to the project has occurred which could potentially compromise the successful achievement of the project’s outcomes.
These examples are not exhaustive and are not meant to be prescriptive – Administering Ogranisations and their Project Leaders should exercise judgement as to the need to submit an Exception Report, on a case-by-case basis.
The report must be on the 2012 Exception Report Template http://www.arc.gov.au/applicants/reported_requirements_progrep.htm and emailed to Rebecca Ford by no later than Friday 15 March 2013. All questions in the report must be answered. Sufficient detail should be included in each answer to allow the ARC to gain a sound understanding of the significant issues affecting the progress of a project. Note that the report should be certified by the Lead CI by typing their name and dating the end of the report. A signature is not required. Each Exception Report will be read by Research Services for compliance and to ensure additional post-award variations are not required.
2012 No Report Required Template
If you do not need to submit a report, you must complete the 2012 No Report Required Template and submit to Rebecca Ford by Friday 15 March 2013. This Template acts as certification and confirmation to Research Services that a report will not be required for 2012 which is then reported to the ARC.
*All APAI on Linkage projects must complete the APAI progress report http://www.arc.gov.au/applicants/reported_requirements_progrep.htm and submit to Rebecca Ford by Friday 15 March 2013.
Carryover of Funds
If you have any ARC funds unspent from 2012 you will need to carry these funds over into 2013 and are required to complete a Carryover Justification Form.
Checking whether you have funds to carry over
You can check whether you have funds to carryover into 2013 by logging on to TechnologyOne Financials - and running a Financial Report as follows:
- Click on the Reports tab in the menu bar
- Select Faculty/Division Financial Reports Current
- Select CC01 - Cost Collector -Year to Date
- Click on Run tab in menu bar, then
- Enter Cost Collector No. (10.8xxxx) into Entity / Cost Collector, change Cost Collector Type to Research
- Click Run tab of the 'CC01 Cost Collector - Year to Date' box to run the financial report
If you are not a TechnologyOne user and you believe you have funds to carryover into 2013 or require further financial details of your project, please contact your Faculty Research Accounting team member.
Submitting a Carryover Justification Form
If you need to carry funds over into 2013, you must complete a Carryover Justification form.
- Click here to download the 2012 ARC LP Cary Forward of Funds Request form.
- Click here to download the 2012 ARC Carry Forward of Funds Request form (for all other ARC schemes).
All carryover amounts will be sent to the ARC for approval. A code is used to classify the reasons for the carryover, and these are listed on the justification form for you to select. In addition to the code, the ARC requires a more detailed explanation in the following circumstances:
- A requested carryover in excess of 75% of the total ARC funding for 2012 and/or:
- Any remaining unspent funds carried over from a previous year that was not spent in 2011, ie, you have previously submitted a Carry Over form to the ARC.
Please note: As a result of carrying over funds you may also be required to submit an Exceptions Report. In this instance the same justification should be included at Question 3.1 of the Exceptions Report.
The completed Carryover Justificaiton form should be provided to Research Services at the same time as you submit your 2012 Exceptions Report or 2012 No Report Required. Both the report and Carryover Justification form should be emailed to Rebecca Ford by Friday 15 March 2013.
Unless you hear from Research Services requesting further information, you should assume that your carryover request has been approved.
Final Reports for Discovery (FF, DP, D-IRD) and Linkage programs (LP, LX, LAPDC, LIEF) and earlier programs (LRG, RF, IRD, SPIRT, IREX, RIEF) are completed and submitted through RMS. Final Reports Instructions will be available when functionality in RMS for Final Reports has been released.
Information in the Final Reports for ARC funded projects is used to determine whether the project has reached satisfactory completion. If a Final Report is deemed inadequate, the Lead CI or Fellow will be contacted for further information. If the ARC is not satisfied with the outcomes of the Project, this will be noted against any further Project Applications under any ARC scheme submitted by, or on behalf of, the Lead CI or Fellow and will be taken into account in the assessment of those applications.
Applications under any ARC Program submitted by, or on behalf of a Lead CI or Fellow on a Project for which the Final Report is outstanding will be deemed ineligible.
If you have any questions regarding reporting or carrying over of unspent funds please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Palmer on extension 54312.