Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2008 to encourage academically gifted students to enrol full-time in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment's undergraduate degree programs at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan or Central Coast Campus.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in a Bachelor of Engineering undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Have an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) of 95 or greater
- Be enrolling full-time at the Callaghan or Central Coast Campus
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Not have previously held this scholarship, or be a University of Newcastle Industry Scholarship Scheme (UNISS) Scholar
At least 25 scholarships will be offered annually. The scholarship provides for a total benefit of up to $4000, payable in lump sum payments of $2000 per annum after the semester 1 census date each year.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded following Semester 1 Main Round Admissions.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)
NB: The number of scholarships awarded annually is subject to funding. Not all students who receive an ATAR greater than 95 are guaranteed a scholarship.
Preference will be given to students who completed their Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University at a school that qualifies for the University's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme.
School Postcodes included in the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937