Canon Bill Childs Memorial Undergraduate Bursary for a Student at International House
Canon Bill Childs Memorial Trust Fund
In 1992 the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle transferred the Bill Childs Memorial Trust Fund to the University of Newcastle in order to establish a Memorial Bursary to support a student of International House on an annual basis. Canon Bill Childs was born in Sydney in 1917 and was ordained a priest of the Anglican Church in 1941. Bill was dedicated to international missionary work, peace and social justice. He was installed as a Canon of Christ Church Cathedral in the Diocese of Newcastle in his latter years. Canon Bill Childs promoted his Christian belief, international tolerance at all levels, Aboriginal advancement and higher education for all.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate program
- Completed at least 60 units of current program
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be a resident of International House
- Been a resident of International House for at least one year
- Not have previously received this scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A statement explaining your financial situation and how the scholarship would assist with your future studies. Please upload to MyHub 'My Scholarships' link, or email to email@example.com
|Scholarship Amount: $1,100||Number of scholarships available: 1|
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need. Consideration will be given to the student's participation in the community of International House as assessed by examination of the student's form for readmission to International House.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937