Evatt House - Mark Charles Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2002, by the student body of Evatt House, with the policy of 'from the students for the students'. This scholarship is the result of the Evatt House community wishing to provide a scholarship to encourage academic, sporting and community excellence. The funds for this scholarship have been raised through fundraising by the current residents, former residents, former board members and friends of Evatt House The scholarship has been named after Mark Charles who was a resident at Evatt House for six years. Mark was a keen sportsman for Evatt House, avid rugby player and mountaineer. Mark was also a true scholar, receiving the University Medal and the Evatt House Academic Award two years in succession. As an integral member of the Evatt House community we wish to honour his name, as Mark unfortunately lost his life in a mountaineering accident in 2000.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Evatt House
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be a returning resident of Evatt House, who has resided at Evatt for a minimum of 2 semesters
- Not have previously received this scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement (of no more than 500 words) on your contribution to and involvement in the many and varied aspects of the Evatt House community. Please upload as attachment to application on MyHub, or email to email@example.com
|Scholarship Amount: $500||Number of scholarships available: 1|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, contribution to and involvement in the many and varied aspects of the Evatt House community.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937