Port Waratah Coal Services Limited Undergraduate Scholarships
Port Waratah Coal Services Ltd
This Scholarship was established by Port Waratah Coal Services Limited to support commencing undergraduate students at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling in the first year of your first undergraduate degree
- Be enrolled in any program studying any of the Engineering, Commerce, Accounting, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Resource and Industrial Relations Disciplines
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Reside and/or have completed your HSC or equivalent within the Newcastle and Hunter Region
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement detailing your educational history, personal achievements and accomplishments, motivation, communication skills, extracurricular activities and career aspirations on graduation and in the longer term
- Any additional information which you think may be of interest to the committee, such as awards, employment or personal references or special achievements
Two (2) scholarships will be offered, valued at $7000 per annum.
Throughout the duration of the scholarship, the student will be provided the opportunity to work at Port Waratah Coal Services Ltd, during the period December to February, at the rate of $500 per week.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
In the case of a tie, preference will be given to the student who has clearly demonstrated in writing their commitment to their chosen degree/discipline.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937