Williams Undergraduate Scholarship in Classics
The Williams Family
These scholarships were established by the Williams family in 1987 to be awarded on an annual basis to a student/s enrolled in Greek or Latin language subjects who can demonstrate a solid academic performance. A number of scholarships may be offered.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in Greek or Latin language courses in any undergraduate year of study at the University of Newcastle
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Not have previously received this scholarship
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A personal statement outlining your interest and commitment to the study of Greek and Latin courses
- At least one confidential academic reference from the relevant Program Co-ordinator/s for your Greek and/or Latin courses at University
Up to $500 per scholarship, depending on the number awarded, payable in a lump sum after the census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit. Consideration will be given to the student's interest in and commitment to the study of classical languages. Consideration will be given to the student's academic performance in Greek or Latin courses, as assessed in the latter half of Semester 1. Preference may be given to first year students.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937