Coal and Allied Community Development Fund Scholarships
Coal and Allied Pty Ltd
These scholarships were established in 2006 to provide students within the project catchment with an understanding Coal and Allied's commitment to education pathways and opportunities through the University of Newcastle, to demonstrate that the community, the University of Newcastle and industry can work successfully in unison to deliver community benefits along with promoting the value of education in our community showing the employment opportunities that students in our community can achieve.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 1st year of an undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle in the following fields of study: Engineering, Nursing, Medicine, Education, Social Work or Science (Environmental or Geology)
- Have resided in the previous 12 months in the Local Government Area (LGA) of Singleton, Muswellbrook or the Upper Hunter
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Not hold another scholarship valued at more than $1000
- Not have previously completed a degree
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement no longer than 2 A4 pages outlining the applicants voluntary involvement in and service to the community and career aspirations on graduation and in the longer term for their chosen discipline/degree
- Addresses and year/s resided in Local Government Area (LGA) of Singleton, Muswellbrook or the Upper Hunter
12 scholarships are to be offered annually valued at $5000 each, payable as a lump sum payment.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent
- a written statement no longer than 2 A4 pages outlining the applicants voluntary involvement in and service to the community and career aspirations on graduation and in the longer term for their chosen discipline/degree
- performance at interview
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937