Tina Offler and John Patrick Plant Science Honours Scholarship
Tina Offler and John Patrick
This scholarship was established by Tina Offler and John Patrick using funds in lieu of gifts on their retirement from the University of Newcastle in 2007. The intention of the scholarship is to promote the study of functional plant sciences at the University of Newcastle. Specifically this will be achieved by supporting a high calibre student enrolled in an Honours program under the supervision of a Plant Science Group academic located in the Discipline of Biological Sciences, School of Environmental Sciences.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor of Science (Honours), Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours) or Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management (Honours) program and undertaking their Honours in Plant Science
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement outlining the significance of the your honours project and vision of your career development
One (1) scholarship of $1000 will be offered annually and is payable after Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the Scholar will be on the basis of:
* academic merit including a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 6.0
* assessment of required written statement
* discussion of the applicant's honours project and vision of their career development as outlined in the statement, at the interview
* performance at interview
preference will be given to students pursuing a project in functional plant science
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937