Bradley Nichols Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2009 to honour the significant contribution that Brad Nichols made to the Newcastle community through his involvement in business, sporting and community organisations.
Brad was a partner at Forsythes, specialising in taxation, when he tragically died at age 33. Brad was a Chartered Accountant and graduate of the University of Newcastle and was a tutor in the Faculty of Business and Law. Brad excelled at sport and had a passion for rugby union, playing with the Wanderers Rugby Club for many years where he also acted as Assistant Treasurer. Brad worked with many community organisations including the Samaritans, Red Kite and the Newcastle chapter of the Property Council.
The Bradley Nichols Memorial Scholarship seeks to support a talented all-rounder student, studying a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd or 3rd year of the Bachelor of Commerce program, majoring in Accounting
- Not hold another scholarship
- Not have previously completed a degree
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement (maximum two (2) A4 pages) detailing your community and sporting involvement
|Scholarship Amount: $5,000||Number of scholarships available: 1|
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
* academic merit, namely a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least credit average
* a written statement (maximum two (2) A4 pages) detailing the applicants community and sporting involvement
* performance at interview if required
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937