National Association of Australian University Colleges (NAAUC) Scholarship
Residential Colleges Fund
The National Association of Australian University Colleges (NAAUC) is an annual conference for student leaders from colleges all around Australia.
Resident leaders attend to better their skills, ideas and motivation to excel as leaders with their college community. The conference has a strong emphasis on leadership training, networking, access to resources and advice.
Residential Life supports up to 2 residents from each college to attend annually.
The scholarships are valued at $1000 each and will be awarded to assist in paying some the recipients fees associated with attending the course.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of any Residential College at the University of Newcastle
- Be enrolled in any degree program at the University of Newcastle
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Not have previously received this scholarship
- Not have previously completed a degree
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) that outlines: any important contributions to you have made to your residential college, purpose and readiness to attend NAAUC conference, and any subsequent plans to contribute to your residential college
Up to four (4) scholarships will be offered annually, valued at $1000 and payable as a lump sum payment after the semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be by assessment of the required written statement; namely, a consideration of the applicants:
- important contributions to their residential college
- purpose and readiness to attend a NAAUC conference
- subsequent plans and aptitude to further contribute to their residential college on their return
- overall existing and ongoing commitment to their residential college
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937