Shaping Futures Scholarships
Public at Large
This scholarship was established by the University of Newcastle (UON) Foundation. It is the intent of these scholarships that they be used to assist gifted and disadvantaged students with their studies at the University of Newcastle. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be academically gifted but are also facing hardship from factors such as being from a low socio-economic background, coming from a rural or remote area, living with disabilities, and carer or parenting responsibilities.
Funds are being sought through donations to the University of Newcastle (UON) Foundation (including the Annual Appeal) from existing donors and University of Newcastle Alumni to build and sustain the Shaping Futures Scholarship Fund.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of any undergraduate degree program
- Be enrolled full-time.
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A written statement outlining career aspirations and details of financial disadvantage, disability, regional or remote disadvantage, carer or parenting responsibilities, supported by any appropriate documentation
The value and number of scholarships awarded will be dependent upon the amount raised by donations to the UON Foundation (including the Annual Appeal). Typically the scholarship is valued at $4,000. The payment will be for a lump sum amount and paid after the semester 1 census date (31 March).
Selection of the scholar/s will be on the basis of:
* Academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent or cumulative GPA;
* A written statement outlining career aspirations and details of financial disadvantage, disability, regional or remote disadvantage, carer or parenting responsibilities, supported by any appropriate documentation;
* Interview by selection committee (if required)
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937