Bishop David Walker Scholarship
The Broken Bay Diocese
Bishop David Walker, as Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, encourages the theological education and formation of lay people in his Diocese. The Bishop David L Walker scholarship is a practical dimension of this support for people to deepen their faith formation through studying with The Broken Bay Institute - University of Newcastle theological programs.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a Diploma of Theology, Bachelor of Theology, Graduate Certificate or Master of Theology program
- Be an Australian Citizen or Be a Permanent Resident
- Must live in the Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay or work for the Diocese of Broken Bay
If this documentation is not provided your application will not be processed.
After you have submitted your application, please print off the cover sheet provided and attach a copy of each piece of required documentation to it before sending in.
- A 300-500 word statement addressing the criteria listed below under 'Selection.'
Nine (9) scholarships are available, valued at $2500 each.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of provision of a 300-500 word statement that draws from some or all of the following criteria:
- Live in and/or work in ministry within the Diocese of Broken Bay
- Need financial support in order to study
- Indicate a commitment to theological study
- Articulate an interest in faith education and ministry enrichment
- Contribute to the life of the diocesan community
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937