Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships - School of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships were established in 2013 to encourage high achieving students admitted to the Callaghan and Central Coast campuses of the University of Newcastle to enrol full-time in Faculty of Health and Medicine undergraduate degree programs at the University.
The Faculty of Health and Medicine High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship - School of Health Sciences will be offered to the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Health Sciences in one of the following programs:
- Bachelors of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Podiatry
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student in a Bachelor undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Health and Medicine, School of Health Sciences, at either the Callaghan, Central Coast, or Port Macquarie Campus.
- Be enrolled full time as at the census date for each semester unless there are exceptional circumstances demonstrated which compel you to study part time.
- Be the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
This Scholarship package includes:
- A benefit of $1000 per semester for the duration of a Bachelor degree within the School of Health Sciences (3-4 years);
- A guaranteed Summer Scholarship during the undergraduate degree;
- A guaranteed opportunity of facilitated overseas placement during the degree; and/or
- A guaranteed opportunity of a final year immersion placement at a rural site, including free accommodation.
The Scholarship provides for a total benefit of up to $10,000 depending on the duration of relevant degree. $1,000 will be awarded at the commencement of each semester of the degree, payable in a lump sum after the census date of each semester. The continuing award of the scholarship will be subject to satisfactory academic progress, reviewed each semester.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded in Semester 1 following UAC Admissions intake.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated by being the highest ranked commencing student for a specific degree within the School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health.
In the event that students are equally ranked, interviews will be held to determine a final decision.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937