Faculty of Health High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships - School of Nursing and Midwifery
The Faculty of Health High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarships were established in 2013 to encourage high achieving students admitted to the Callaghan, Central Coast and Port Macquarie campuses of the University of Newcastle to enrol full-time in Faculty of Health undergraduate degree programs at the University.
The Faculty of Health High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship - School of Nursing and Midwifery will be offered to the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Nursing and Midwifery in a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a commencing student in a Bachelor undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Midwifery, at either the Callaghan, Central Coast, or Port Macquarie Campus.
- Be enrolled full time as at the census date for each semester unless there are exceptional circumstances demonstrated which compel you to study part time.
- Be the highest ranked commencing student in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
This Scholarship package includes:
- A benefit of $1000 per semester for the duration of a degree within the School of Nursing and Midwifery (3 years);
- A guaranteed Summer Scholarship between years 3 and 4 of the degree if the recipient chooses to undertake B Nursing Honours or B Midwifery Honours year;
- An additional $1000 to attend a relevant national conference if the recipient proceeds to a B Nursing Honours or B Midwifery Honours year;
- A guaranteed opportunity to participate in at least one Asia Pacific Alliance of Health Leaders Forum in either Japan, Thailand or Korea during the recipient's three year degree;
- A guaranteed opportunity to undertake a rural/ remote clinical placement during the recipient's degree with a scholarship to cover travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs associated with the placement.
The Scholarship provides for a total benefit of up to $10,000 depending on the duration of relevant degree. $1,000 will be awarded at the commencement of each semester of the degree, payable in a lump sum after the census date of each semester. The continuing award of the scholarship will be subject to satisfactory academic progress, reviewed each semester.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded in Semester 1 following UAC Admissions intake.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated by being the highest ranked commencing student for a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health.
In the event that students are equally ranked, interviews will be held to determine a final decision.
University of Newcastle
Phone: (02) 49216404 or (02) 49216539
Fax: (02) 49216937