How to apply for scholarships - some tips
Here are some tips to help you if you are currently seeking or applying for a scholarship.
- Check the scholarship websites regularly. Criteria and particularly closing dates can change from time to time.
- Check the eligibility criteria to see if you can apply.
- Apply for more than one scholarship – it increases your chances of winning one!
- If your scholarship is sponsored or donor-funded, take the time to research your sponsor or donor. It is respectful, and the information may help you know what to write in your application or interview.
- Read the guidelines carefully. Some applications require additional documentation.
- When writing or updating your application, consider seeking help from the University's career service. (Contact them at www.newcastle.edu.au/service/careers)
- Proof read your application before submitting. It's a good idea to have a friend or family member read over it before you submit.
- Don't miss the deadline!
- If you are unsuccessful, don't give up. Try again next year!