How to apply
The application process
All applicants must
- apply in the first instance for entry to the Master of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management) program (Code 922660) through the Universities Admission Centre. The on-line application is available in September each year (an application fee applies) at: www.uac.edu.au/postgraduate
- complete a University of Newcastle Direct Application Form which requires specific supporting information. NSW Health employed doctors seeking NSW Health sponsorship must apply on the same form.
In addition for NSW Health employees seeking NSW Health sponsorship:
- Information on NSW Health sponsorship is available on the NSW Health website.
To be eligible to apply for admission to the Master of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management) program applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Provide evidence to the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) of a completed degree which qualifies the applicant to practise medicine in Australia.
- Provide evidence to the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) of current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) to work as a medical practitioner in Australia.
- Demonstrate appropriate clinical performance, as evidenced by structured referees reports from two senior clinicians who have experience of the candidate's workplace performance in the clinical area in which they have been working
- Satisfy English Language proficiency requirements.
- Submit a Master of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management) Direct Application Form together with supporting documentation** directly to the University of Newcastle
Note: **The supporting documentation includes evidence of:
- English Language proficiency
- a minimum of three years full-time postgraduate medical experience
- a current contract for continuous employment for at least one year at 0.5 FTE or above, or statement from the hospital Executive indicating that the applicant is anticipated to remain in current employment situation for at least twelve months
- two (2) Clinical Referees Reports from clinicians at least one of whom has experience of the applicant's workplace performance in the clinical area in which they have been working
- a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, as evidenced by a summary of the CPD activities undertaken in the previous 2 years
- a Declaration of Support from the applicant's departmental or organisational sponsor confirming that they have organisational commitment to undertake the program
The Admission Information Sheet provides detailed advice about how to present your supporting documentation.
Applications will be considered by a selection committee. Applicants who have satisfied the requirements listed above may be required to undertake a selection process based on:
- A structured selection interview (possibly by tele- or video- conference)
- Confirmation of Referees reports
- Discussion with supporting Clinical Referee(s) and sponsoring organisation
Direct Application Form and Admission Information Sheet
The Direct Application form can be found here.
The Admission information sheet can be found here