Application Opening and Closing Dates
Applications for On-Campus Accommodation for 2013 will open on 21 October 2012.
Click on the Accommodation Portal below to lodge your 2013 application
Summer Stay 2012-2013: 25 November 2012 - 27 January 2013
Full Year 2013: 3 February 2013 - 30 November 2013
Semester One 2013: 3 February 2013 - 29 June 2013
Semester Two 2013: 14 July 2013 - 30 November 2013
Important Notice to all 2013 Applications
Please be advised that beginning late 2012 construction of the new student accommodation is due to commence. It is anticipated that there may be disruptions to residential students during the construction period. Every effort will be made to minimise these disruptions. Please review the aerial map to see the location of the construction site.
To view the aerial map of residential colleges and construction site please click here.
For more information about the new Accommodation please click here.
1. Applications for 2013 open on 21 October 2012 and will remain open until all rooms are filled.
2. Complete an online application form which involves payment of a $100.00 non-refundable application fee. Visit https://accommodation-dotnet.newcastle.edu.au
3. Submit your online application by registering your details and completing the online form.
4. Pay the application fee. This must be paid online by Visa or MasterCard. Applications submitted without payment are considered incomplete and will not receive any further correspondence. This payment is non-refundable.
1. You must live more than 100km distance from the University of Newcastle.
2. You have applied to become a full-time student or are enrolled in full time study at the University of Newcastle.
3. You must be able to demonstrate how you can pay for your on campus accommodation fees.
Selection and Offer Process
The University of Newcastle endeavours to give an equal opportunity to all accommodation candidates and for this reason utilises a ‘first-in-best-dressed’ policy. This year offers will be made upon checking availability and that the applicant has met the application requirements. The offer will contain details of any applicable fees payable in order to accept the offer. These must be paid before the application can be confirmed.
Successful applicants will be notified via email. The offer of accommodation will be for one year only, and there is no guarantee of re-admission in following years, however first preference is given to returning residents. You will need to re-apply each relative year you wish to live on campus thus, complete the application process again.
Please feel free to contact Accommodation Services if you have any questions regarding the 2013 application process. You can also refer to our website: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/accommodation/on-campus
Phone: (02) 4924 1000