HOW TO APPLY
On-campus accommodation is available to all students of University of Newcastle. Admission to live in College is made by completing an online application form.
Competition for residency is high and all applicants must meet the applciation criteria. Do not wait unitl you have recieved an offer to study at the University of Newcastle.
Applications for Semester 2, 2013 are now closed, if you wish to be contacted if a room vacancy becomes available please register your interest.
Accommodation applications for 2014 will open on 1 October 2013 and applications must be made via the Accommodation Portal.
Click on the Accommodation Portal below to lodge your 2014 application.
- You must live more than 100km distance from the University of Newcastle.
- You have applied to become a full-time student or are enrolled in full time study at the University of Newcastle.
- You must be able to demonstrate how you can pay for your on campus accommodation fees.
|Semester 2, 2013||14 July 2013 - 30 November 2013|
|Summer Stay 2013/14||30 November 2013 - 26 January 2014|
|Full Year 2014||2 February 2014 - 29 November 2014|
|Semester 1, 2014||2 February 2014 - 28 June 2014|
|Semester 2, 2013||13 July 2014 - 29 November 2014|
Apply for Accommdation
- Activate your UoN Accommodation Portal login and password.
- Apply online through the UoN Accommodation Portal. Payment of a $100AUD non-refundable application fee is required when submitting your online application. Applications submitted without payment are considered incomplete, you application will not be considered until you have paid the application fee.
Important Notice to all 2014 Applicants
Please be advised that construction of the new student accommodation commenced early 2013. It is anticipated that there may be disruptions to residential students during the construction period. Every effort will be made to minimise these disruptions.
For more information about the new Accommdation please click here.
Offer of Accommodation
- Offers of accommodation will be emailed and will be made following a 'first-in-best-dressed' policy.
- Offers for accommodation will contain details of any applicable acceptance fees payable in order to accept the offer. Acceptance fees must be paid before the application can be confirmed.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified and will be placed directly on the vacancy waiting list.
Acceptance of Offer
- Upon receipt of your accommodation offer, you are required to return the paperwork and payment by the due date.
- Payment of fees is deemed accpetance of the Residential Agreement - Licence to Occupy.