The University operates a large and diverse Fleet that includes Passenger Cars, Trucks, Buses, 4-Wheel Drives, Tractors, Trailers and Watercraft. The key operating area for the fleet is related to passenger vehicles that are in general use throughout all areas of the University operations across all campuses.
Most University passenger vehicles are operated by Faculties and Divisions and are locally managed in their daily operations by Faculty/Division staff. The University also operates a small number of 'Pool' Cars from the Facilities Management locations on the Callaghan and Ourimbah Campuses.
Commercial Services is responsible for the overall University Fleet management strategy that includes:
- Setting of Policy and Procedure
- Management of the Vehicle Purchase and disposals
- Management of suppliers associated with the vehicle fleet (Fleet Management, Fuel Cards, Vehicle Dealers)
Faculties/Divisions are responsible for the day-to-day operations of vehicles including:
- Vehicle Record Keeping
- Driver Management and assignment of vehicles
- Vehicle Servicing / repairs as required
- Use of University Vehicles
- Salary Package Vehicles
- Fuel Cards
- Travel Rates and Allowances
- Pool Vehicles
- Departmental Vehicles